Elphicks Limited/Tudor Williams Limited/Tudor Williams Holdings Limited
DATA PROTECTION PRIVACY NOTICE (RECRUITMENT)
This notice explains what personal data (information) we will hold about you, how we collect it, and how we will use and may share information about you during the application process. We are required to notify you of this information, under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a ‘Privacy Notice’) and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you.
WHO COLLECTS THE INFORMATION
Elphicks Limited/Tudor Williams Limited/Tudor Williams Holdings Limited (‘Company’) is a ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our Data Protection Policy.
ABOUT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
We may collect the following information up to and including the shortlisting stage of the recruitment process:
- Your name and contact details (i.e. address, home and mobile phone numbers, email address);
- Details of your qualifications, skill, experience, employment history (including job titles, salary and working hours) and interests;
- Your racial or ethnic origin, sex and sexual orientation, religious or similar beliefs;
- Details of your referees.
We may collect the following information after the shortlisting stage, and before making a final decision to recruit:
- Information about your previous academic and/or employment history, including details of any conduct, grievance or performance issues, appraisals, time and attendance, from references obtained about you from previous employers and/or education providers ☐;
- Information regarding your academic and professional qualifications ☐;
- Your nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification and immigration information ☐;
- A copy of your driving licence ☐.
You are required (by law or in order to enter into your contract of employment) to provide the categories of information marked ‘☐’ above to us to enable us to verify your right to work and suitability for the position.
HOW WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION
We may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms or CV’s (including when these are sent to us as part of a speculative application), obtained from your passport or other identify documents or collected through interviews or other methods of assessment.
We may also collect information from your referees (details of whom you will have provided), your education provider and the Home Office.
WHY WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We will typically collect and use this information for the following purposes (other purposes that may also apply are explained in our Data Protection Policy):
- to take steps to enter into a contract;
- for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g. our obligation to check that you are eligible to work in the United Kingdom);
- for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest; and
- for the purposes of our legitimate interests, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in our HR system and our email system.
HOW WE MAY SHARE THE INFORMATION
We may also need to share some of the above categories of personal information with other parties, such as HR consultants and professional advisers. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations. We may also be required to share some personal information as required to comply with the law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Further details on how we handle sensitive personal information are set out in our Data Protection Policy, a copy of which can be obtained from HR.